Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Automatic Playlist UI work

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 19:31 +0200, S.P. van Noort wrote:
> What are your thoughts about more complicated automatic playlists where
> you can group certain elements. For example a query like this is as far
> as I know not possible in the current layout:
>
>   All songs from Queen or Radiohead with more than 3 stars
>
> In a query-form:
>
>   (artist="Queen" or artist="Radiohead") and rating>=3.0
>
> I guess the problem is not so much in the code, as well in finding a
> intuitive GUI for it.

The query code will handle it fine, if you manually edit your
playlists.xml file you can do this, but the gui doesn't handle this kind
of thing. I think the general consensus last time we discussed this was
that if someone can come up with a good user interface (without horrible
usability) we'll implement it.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Actually, we have scientifically determined that Heisenberg did indeed
sleep exactly here. However, we have no idea whatsoever just how fast