Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Why I'll Probably Always Use amaroK

> 1) (Most Important) amaroK is a very attractive program.

My recollection of using Windows Media Player, Winamp, XMMS, iTunes etc.
was that I got sick of the supposed "artistic" or "attractive" UI before
very long. If you want RB to look nice, why don't you get an attractive
GTK theme? Then all your desktop will look flashy! In the long term,
what matters more is whether or not you can actually use the program
easily.

> 2) Although Rythmbox is easy to use and quite complete with features, it
> does something very smart: it doesn't show them all when they won't be
> needed... amaroK does, and that really shows how powerful it is. Maybe a
> fault, maybe a bonus.

Perhaps something we could take to heart here is that it would be good
to make more of a show of RB's features: there have been a few
suggestions about this lately, e.g. screenshots, posting to Planet Gnome
etc. Alongside this, I wonder if we could squeeze RB into the wave of
advertising that now accompanies GNOME Desktop releases? Or would that
mean becoming part of the core GNOME Desktop system and having to play
along with the release cycles, UI freezes etc? Just a thought, anyway.
--
Tom Kirby