[Rhythmbox-devel] No MusicBrainz auto fill of album information

Hi.

MusicBrainz is not automatically filling in the album information when I
put in a new CD. This has happened with the last four albums I've
inserted. These are common albums, not obscure albums, like Pearl Jam's
Ten and AC/DC's High Voltage.

I am typing in the album information which is a pain in the ass and
hitting the "Submit Album" button which opens the MusicBrainz website
and displays the album information. Then there is a note about joining
MusicBrainz to submit information. This requires creating an account and
giving a valid e-mail address. I suspect they are simply collecting
e-mail addresses so they can sell them or send spam.

Please contact MusicBrainz and ask them to go back to autofilling the
album information for the convenience of Rythmbox users.

Or, please find another database that will work with Rythmbox as it used
to.

Rythmbox is a great application. Please keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Tracy L. Cann