Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] No MusicBrainz auto fill of album information

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Tracy L. Cann <TracyLCann zoomtown com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> MusicBrainz is not automatically filling in the album information when I
> put in a new CD. This has happened with the last four albums I've
> inserted. These are common albums, not obscure albums, like Pearl Jam's
> Ten and AC/DC's High Voltage.

Can you find these albums if you search the MusicBrainz website?

> I am typing in the album information which is a pain in the ass and
> hitting the "Submit Album" button which opens the MusicBrainz website
> and displays the album information. Then there is a note about joining
> MusicBrainz to submit information. This requires creating an account and
> giving a valid e-mail address. I suspect they are simply collecting
> e-mail addresses so they can sell them or send spam.

No, MusicBrainz is legit.

> Please contact MusicBrainz and ask them to go back to autofilling the
> album information for the convenience of Rythmbox users.

That is what the "Submit Album" button does. MusicBrainz requires
some end user validation to prevent spam albums or other abuse.

> Or, please find another database that will work with Rythmbox as it used
> to.
>
> Rythmbox is a great application. Please keep up the good work.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tracy L. Cann

Maybe you'd found a bug in RB's MusicBrainz support. You say
it used to work, did you update your installation or something?

Peter