Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] dbus interfaces

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 12:27 +0100, Matthieu Charbonnier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with rhythmbox since the last update of Ubuntu,
> and I wonder if you have some informations about that.
> - First, rhythmbox is now at version 2.90.1 while, according to your
> website, the latest version is 0.13.3.

Distributions which want to ship a Gtk+-3 version of Rhythmbox, such as
Fedora and apparently Ubuntu, are using snapshots of the Rhythmbox git
development tree at various points. They're using a (made up?) "2.90"
version number for these snapshots to distinguish them from the Gtk+-2
version - apparently, they're assuming that the first Gtk+-3 release of
Rhythmbox will be numbered as 3.0 or higher.

As for what the next release of Rhythmbox will really be numbered, well,
only Jonathan Matthew knows :)

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>