Sun Translation tool (Was: Re: Heartsome XLIFF Translation Editor for document translation?)

ÎÏÎÏ 25/ÎÎÎ/2004, ÎÎÎÏÎ ÎÎÎÏÏÎ ÎÎÎ ÏÏÎ 18:01, Î/Î Tim Foster ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
> hi Folks,
>
> On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 18:04, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to ask if there have been any developments since January
> > (see
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-January/msg00051.html)
> > about using the XLIFF Translation Editor to translate docs and po files?
>
> For what it's worth, I'm currently wading through a mess of red tape in
> order to get our translation tools (XLIFF editor and filters for a bunch
> of file formats) open sourced (actually making progress believe it or
> not).
>
> We're doing a pilot project with some OpenOffice.org folks at the moment
> to see if they find the editor useful, and I *think* we're looking at a
> release date sometime around January next year, though it depends a bit
> on the marketing folks (blech)
>
> I tend to keep my blog up to date with any progress I'm making, but
> management seem to be getting behind the idea, so that's encouraging.

Two good news for (XLIFF-based) translation tools within a week. That's
great.

Will this tool support a translation memory?
As open-source there will be a lot of things one can experiment on, like
Web-based translation, adapting existing tools (KBabel, poEdit,
gtranslator) to the translation memory and so on...

Once this tool is released, there will be little to say about the
efforts of Sun on open-source software. :)

simos