Re: [gst-devel] Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

Jorn Baayen <jorn nl linux org> writes:

> Some people actually want to watch movies.. my success rate with
> gst-player has been below 0 zero far, while with Totem I have been
> playing my movies for months now without any problems. Sure, GStreamer
> is the way to go, but it's not ready yet for mainstream use - there's
> really no denying there.

Contributing to this anecdotal evidence, I had Totem installed for a
couple of months. It never played any files correctly (some files
caused lock-ups, some had scrambled images, some didn't have sound).
Then a week ago I tried gst-player which so far has worked flawlessly
out of the box. All software installed from Debian unstable.

Perhaps we could use a Slashdot poll,

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/