Re: Totem or no Totem was Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 11:33, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> > No disrespect to the great deal of work Julien put in gst-player, but I
> > don't think it's as complete, easy to use, or "just works"-style enough
> > to be in the desktop release. That's why we are working together to get
> > a GStreamer back-end to Totem.
> The GStreamer backend is still vapourware at this point as it has been for
> a long time, having talked about it for 6 months doesn't make it any
> more real. And there is still the question about wether a generic extra
> tier atop differing media playback systems will work well or just give
> us something that works well with one backend and works somewhat with
> another.

Just thought I'd let you know that you can now use Totem with a (very
early and hackish) GStreamer backend, using gstplay, and that I could
play some files (audio and video) with it.

--enable-gstreamer on the command-line for configure gives you that.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>