Re: 2 little politically charged characters

>  - When there are no duplicates in the current set of layouts, use
>    language codes.
>  - For any layouts where there is duplication in the current set, use
>    layout names and let the applet get big if necessary.
Well, this would be bit difficult to manage. Tomorrow someone can add more
layouts - so the uniqueness is not a constant thing. I have to have something
"solid" to put into "shortDescription" tag. Also, aestetically I would not like
this solution. Labels American/British/RU is not what I'd like to see, sorry. Is
this what you mean?

> (I'm strongly in favor of taking the union of all strings as the
> size; I think having the panel applet grow and shrink is a pretty
> bad thing.)
Actually, I could think of it. I am just newbie with Pango. What would be the
right way to do it? A little snippet would be gratefully accepted. Suppose, I have

char** names;
GtkWidget* label;

How would I set the width of the label to be the text width of the maximum for
these strings (sure, keeping the height)?

Thanks in advance,

Sergey