Re: Gnome SuperUser

<quote who="MArk Finlay">

> ... but I am sick of hearing that it is the reason why we don't have an
> interface to su or sudo in gnome

I am too. But the only response to that is implementing a cross-platform
solution, most likely based primarily on PAM (potentially with fallbacks).
Providing configure-time options to work with other systems would be 100%
appropriate.

But: it's important that it be a design that GNOME would adopt, and that
someone actually does the work to make it happen. :-)

Possibly a good idea to gather design notes from Sun, HP, various
distributions (though they mostly use PAM anyway), etc.

- Jeff

--
   "Odd is good by the way. I knew normal in high school and normal hates
                            me." - Mary Gardiner