Re: Unbreaking the gnome clipboard

> I'd be more than happy to mentor you (or anyone else pursuing this) on
> the gnome-settings-daemon. I used to work on the control center so I
> have some experience with it. Let me know if you're interested.

A kind offer Rachel, hope someone takes you up on it :)

After looking more at gcm I'm starting to think that it would be much better
to start from scratch. Gcm is very complicated, IMHO all we need in gnome is:

1. The ability to press CTRL+C in a selection in an app, close the app, open another
app, then press CTRL+V

2. The ability to make a selection, and use the middle mouse button to paste the selection
even after the selection is lost. ie. the middle mouse button pastes the last selection
instead of being limited to the current one.

Number 1 can probably be lifted straight out of gcm, but AFAICT gcm for all it's features
can't do 2 (Klipper can so that code might be a pointer as to how to do it). What
gcm does if you tell it to monitor selections is that it makes selecting something the
equivelent of selecting it and pressing CTRL+C which I think is very confusing behavior.

'nyway, as I said, I'll look at it in august if it's still not done by then :/

--
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>