Re: /home/$USER in GConf...

<quote who="Malcolm Tredinnick">

> By the way, this has already been discussed a couple of times on the
> gconf list.

(Yeah, I watch that list too, but it's worth pointing out here where lots of
GConf users are...)

> The conclusion was that we needed to do something, particularly for $HOME
> -- the multiple gnomes in multiple install locations is a more minor
> point: just pick a version and use it.

It's not quite that easy - if things start breaking because I log into a
host that has GNOME installed in /usr/local/gnome, when I'm usually logged
into a host that has it installed in /usr, that's BAAAAAD. I don't see too
many problems because often enough I have a ~/garnome and a ~/GARNOME on my
build box...

- Jeff

    "Ever had a morning where you were not kissed and told 'I love you,'
       when the night before you SCREWED so wildly that you could not
        remember? GOOD MORNING!!!!" - Andre Hedrick, Linux ATA Dude