Re: Improving gweather

El dom, 09 de 03 de 2003 a las 16:01, Havoc Pennington escribió:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 07:51:24AM +1300, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> [...]
> I'd say simply guaranteeing the format (via mirroring ourselves if
> required) seems the simplest by far.
>
> One thing we might consider is gzipping the data, don't know if that
> would help with bandwidth or if http has built-in compression ability
> these days.

mod_gzip in Apache allow to transmit the content compressed (previous
negociation with the client).  It's transparent and it works for
all pages.

However, in this case are small packets.  May be it doesn't worth if
you consider only gweather.  May be yes, if you consider the bandwith
saved with the rest on gnome.org.

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo ubiobio cl