Re: Improving gweather

Hey guys.

It seems to me the best and simplest way to do this is to just create
weather.gnome.org and provide our own xml. The guy who did
weather.interceptvector.com even offered the possibility of us using his
code (it's lgpl I think) to produce our own xml.

We would then have the problem of writing the code (or borowing from
interceptvector.com). Current conditions are gotten from noaa in the
current code. Forecasts are gotten from noaa (iwin) only for US sites
and metoffice.gov.uk for UK sites. The current code is a little limited
in that it only parses current data and doesn't really parse forecasts
(which weather.interceptvector does). Also forecasts are not available
for non US,UK sites which makes the applet rather useless for most
places (what's the point of only showing the current conditions?)

So the question becomes, who is willing to do the coding? I don't really
have enough time to tackle this myself.

Regards,
Kevin