Re: [Usability]A Tale of a Toolbar editor

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:18:27AM -0500, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> Jody Goldberg wrote:
> >
> >I also override the default toolbar format for Gnumeric, and force
> >things to be icon only.
>
> Well I(and other on the ui team i'm sure) would counter that the problem
> is that gnumeric[1] has too many default toolbar items.

> [1] Of course  overuse of toolbars in office apps is almost a  tradition
> now.

Decreasing the set is not an option.  The project goal is to supply
a spreadsheet that is readily familiar to users from other office
suites.  Changing the toolbar layout does not seem like a area to
start 'innovating'.  There are too many core behaviors that we'd
like to add first.