Re: [Usability]A Tale of a Toolbar editor

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 15:57, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 04:24:48PM +0100, Chipzz wrote:
> >
> > This is the one thing I absolutely _hate_ about anjuta2 (I think it's a
> > really cool app for the rest): I just told gnome via the control-center
> > I do _not_ want priority text on my toolbars. So why should anjuta (or
> > any app using libbonoboui for that matter) try to outsmart me and use a
> > different setting.
>
> I also override the default toolbar format for Gnumeric, and force
> things to be icon only.  At times the app maintainer knows, via user
> testing, bug reports, or familiarity with their app, that allowing
> the default will be butt ugly.

And as it stands, I am going to keep the app authors ability to override
the gnome default. Seeing as they already can with the API and as Jody
says applications will often look butt ugly. Personally, I think option
c (in my original mail that started this) would have been a better, if
harder to do idea, but no-one seemed to care about it, so I'm not going
to bother with it.

iain