Re: Build system (was: SVG format in ...)

<quote who="Marcin Antczak">

> > Well, to be honest, that is a problem with your distribution. My distro
> > does not keep me wanting for software. :-)
>
> What distro? :-) (Mandrake?)

Debian.

> > > And more - what if I want to have application with different options
> > > than it is by default?
> >
> > Then the application is broken.
>
> Well, you propably didn't understand me.
>
> Little example (not from Gnome world but...) PHP in RH binaries are
> compiled without XML support in PHP so I have to rebuild packages (and add
> some dependent packages like sablotron etc)....

If you have to rebuild packages then: a) the software is broken or b) the
packages are broken. I don't want or need to do it on my platform.

Again, you are not solving a real problem here.

- Jeff

     "The Irish were next, being the only people who could credibly be
    accused of lowering the tone of a society of convicts." - Guy Rundle