Re: Build system (was: SVG format in ...)

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 19:15, Marcin Antczak wrote:
> I was sick looking on my monitor when running Garnome which performed
> almost the same tests with ./configure for each application...

Each creates a cache file. Use that in all the others and you're done.
You could do this, for example, by using the same build directory for
all your projects/builds.

> So, I would like to see some kind of application which allow me to
> configure building procedure in visual way and also will optimize this
> procedure - reducing duplicated procedures.
[..]
> I just want to see a modern way to maintain modern environment.
> And I don't want to use "external" tools for this.

Well, I think GNU's autotools can already do this. If not, you might
want to do a feature suggestion there.

Ronald

--
Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>