Re: PATCH for 2.4.0: Correct default panel size

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 23:38, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Luis Villa">
>
> > (1) showstopper has a lot to do with 'look'. showstopper is all about
> > visibility and user impact, and particularly about impact on new users
> > trying to assess GNOME. 'look' is a huge factor in that.
> >
> > (2) this is a bug that has a /very/ low probability of being caught in our
> > testing process (very few new accounts get created against the beta) so
> > the relationship between 'it is important' and 'it was found and fixed' is
> > virtually nil.
> >
> > So, I'd like to see it go in, given that even I'm able to verify that it
> > is correct.
>
> You lack discipline!

I'm not happy with it- like Malcolm pointed out, this breaks every
conceivable freeze /badly/, and I've been lead on proposing and
enforcing those freezes. Worse, I feel personally responsible for
finding these kinds of things and bringing them up, so I screwed that
pooch too.

But we let something slip through that changing for the worse how we
look to each of our new users. So we have to (IMHO) suck it up.

Luis