Re: An entirely different angle on the GNOME VFS

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 12:03, Martin Waitz wrote:
> i'm not at all suggesting to use kernel patches!
> in fact, i proposed to solve the problem in userspace, but
> using the normal operating system interface to access the vfs-daemon
> (or whatever).

	Oh - pardon me :-) well; that's more interesting then.

> however, unix/nfs semantics may not match vfs semantics.
> building a useful mapping to nfs will be the hard part, i guess.

	Well - the vfs semantics are fairly loose; and what the vast majority
of applications actually require semantically is minimal, so it
shouldn't be a problem.

	Hmm,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot