Re: Request for Comments: GNOME Notifier

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 00:32:08 -0400, Franco Catrin L. <fcatrin tuxpan com> wrote:
> I want to receive some ideas and thoughts from you about a User
> Notification System for GNOME, or better than that, a Desktop User
> Notification System.

  Have you talked with these guys? http://gnotify.sourceforge.net

  They don't seem to get D-Bus really much, but I'm sure somebody can
hit them with a little sweet cluestick and have them convinced ;)
"""Why doesn't GNotify uses D-BUS?
[...] D-BUS would limit GNotify to Linux and other Systems which are
using D-BUS. [...]"""

  mic

--
Michele Campeotto - www.micampe.it