Re: Request for Comments: GNOME Notifier

El jue, 29-07-2004 a las 14:05, Mike Hearn escribi� I'd like to just echo Christians email here - we've been attempting to
> produce a system acceptable to all, thought has been put into KDE
> KNotify/KPassivePopup integration for instance. We actually have some
> code: a C libnotify and a C++ notification server that can display simple
> notifications either on the console or using GTK (mapping it to
> KPassivePopup is not too hard, afaik).

how much code do you have? can we make a merge with "notifier"?

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/notifier/

> We've also put a fair bit of thought into the spec: for instance, trying
> to keep implementations simple based on real world experience of
> implementing it in the "reference implementation", trying to consider
> different presentations other than KPassivePopup/MSN style "poptarts" and
> so on.
>
> Please, check it out and see what you think. Unfortunately both me and
> Christian have had a spare time crunch lately so it may be a few weeks
> before we are happy with the spec and can formally propose it as a
> potential future standard.

It looks really good, is similar of what I thought but more complete.
IF you want, I can concentrate in the "reference implementation" based
on curreng notifier code and you can focus on the spec.

> In particular I'd love to seek feedback from the KDE developers on this,
> unfortunately last time I tried to join an equivalent thread to this one
> on kde-core-devel I found it was invitation only, and then ran out of time
> again :/

The original author of Kopete (kopete.kde.org)is a friend of mine, I
will talk with him ASAP and see what he thinks.

It seems that the main  change  required for them is to use DBUS instead
of a DCOM mechanism to call the server, and then move to the new spec if
they like it. is that the only stone in the way?

--
Franco Catrin L. TUXPAN
http://www.tuxpan.com/fcatrin/es