Re: Request for Comments: GNOME Notifier

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 04:21:30PM -0400, Franco Catrin wrote:
> how much code do you have? can we make a merge with "notifier"?
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/notifier/

We have:

http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/galago/trunk/libnotify/
http://freedesktop.org:8080/svn/galago/trunk/notification-daemon/

> The original author of Kopete (kopete.kde.org)is a friend of mine, I
> will talk with him ASAP and see what he thinks.

Sounds great. I'd be interested in his response.

> It seems that the main  change  required for them is to use DBUS instead
> of a DCOM mechanism to call the server, and then move to the new spec if
> they like it. is that the only stone in the way?

That, and we'd need code to listen in on our notification D-BUS
service and relay it to KNotify.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 gnupdate org      <>  http://galago.sourceforge.net/