Re: Revisiting the Gnome Bindings

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 18:29 +0300, Enver ALTIN wrote:

> I believe it's not the language, probably it's the platform you're in
> love with. Same for the GNOME Platform. The more you get used to it, the
> better you like it. No matter where and how you define methods and
> properties, the funny thing is, you have basic elements to build more
> complex program structures, so you bring them together for one purpose:
> an application.
>
> It's important to realize that VCL/CLX took nearly a decade to develop.
> As we all know, the so-called .NET framework is the successor of effort.
>
> Mono is another way to go. We have already a bunch of Mono apps which go
> just well with GNOME: Muine and F-Spot to name a few.

Well Im all for Mono (and even Java if we get a good performance AOT)
but Im just concerned that the Java/Mono deadlock will be perennial and
hence Gnome will be denied a nice RAD tool for many years to come.
Python will be great for small thin GUI apps but we need a RAD framework
for more substantial apps.

jamie.