Re: Using python + pygtk in Desktop modules (was Re: Revisiting the Gnome Bindings)

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:20:38 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   Allow me to present cx_Freeze.  I hope this ends the Python API/ABI
> compatibility discussion once and for all.
>
>   http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/index.html

Just to make it clear, Sean is talking about the Python module extension
ABI (eg, libpython). From your own site:

NOTE: Binary packages must be compatible with the Python installation on
your system or you will get errors in your frozen executables about
missing builtin modules or missing symbols. This is not likely to be a
problem on Windows (since www.python.org is the only known distributor)
but on Linux it is more likely (since Python is often packaged with the
Linux distribution in different ways). If you get such errors, download
the source package and build the binaries yourself.

... which is sort of the whole point of Seans post. It's about *binary*
compatibility for C extension libs, not Python APIs themselves.

thanks -mike