Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 18:32, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> Shane O'Connor wrote:
> > I didn't mean to open a can of worms ;) The only reason I posted was
> > because quite a few users have asked me recently why the default is
> > spatial, all of whom don't like it.
>
> In all fairness, do you expect that the ones who like spatial would ask
> why browser isn't default?

Perhaps, but in all the time we had browser as the default I never once
heard anyone complain about it or ask why we couldn't have spatial mode
as default.

Ok, so maybe the fact browser was default from day one meant that some
poeple might not have known spatial existed. Or maybe if we'd had
spatial as default from day 1 but moved to browser then the current mail
thread would be reversed (and people would be wondering why we the
default is browser;)). But the fact is that this isn't the case and I've
heard a bunch of people questioning the current implementation - and it
appears there's a bunch of people online who agree.

My personal opinion is that spatial is wrong for a very large part of
our target audience most of whom would be a lot less flexible and may
not be interested in adapting.

Thanks
Shane

-