Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 05:31 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> In an attempt to be perfectly clear: libmist.so is now (gtk-engines) 2.6.x
> where it was previously (gnome-themes) 2.9.x.

Ok and this is what bothers me. Mist is at version 0.10 + a few bug
fixes. IF you are using an aggregate package as an aggregate package
then this problem does not happen at all. If you are not using an
aggregate package as an aggregate package but un-aggregating them as it
were, then why on earth would you give them the version of the aggregate
and not use the individual versions.

If mist 0.10 is included in the upstream gnome-themes 2.8. 2.8 is the
only number that matters. if mist is NOT included in the gnome-themes
2.8 upstream package, but is split into its own package, then 0.10 is
the only number that matters.

I can see the problem for the HC engine, which does not have a real
release outside of gnome-themes, so its only version cooresponds. In
which its individual number should be considered to start at 2.10(which
is slighly confusing).

The same would be true of Redmond and Metal, since they don't have
releases outside of gtk-engines, ergo they are 2.6.

However for all engines which have their own version number it should be
used imo.

Andrew