Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

<quote who="Andrew Johnson">

> We easily provided --disable-engine options to disable any engine from the
> module. Use them. If you had to break out other engines before it
> shouldn't make a difference now. configure and make with an individual
> engine, package result into individual packages.

As I said in an earlier email, this would be fine, had highcolour not moved
from gnome-themes. :-)

> But I am still slightly confused here are you saying that you are
> basically going to ignore the problem, by continuing to version those
> engines in sync with gnome, not the actual engine release? Why then bring
> it up at all?

I thought I could ignore the problem, and ship only redmond95 and metal, but
unfortunately, I can't. The new highcolour code also has a lower version
than the previously shipped highcolour code.

> I have no problem with you continuing to provide the engines seperately
> since that is how I feel it should have always been.

So why were the aggregates mixed in the first place? Not only have you mixed
two different versions of aggregates (affecting mist, highcolour, etc), but
you've also aggregated different versions of individual themes (industrial,
smooth, etc).

In an attempt to be perfectly clear: libmist.so is now (gtk-engines) 2.6.x
where it was previously (gnome-themes) 2.9.x.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

       All this self-centred cock-handling is totally where it's at.