Re: UI Review

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 00:07 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> If we're going with the new Clearlooks, does that need any sort of
> UI or a11y review? I know that there have been sweeping changes.
> There is a lot more blue.

Theme changes, even to the default theme, haven't historically come
under the banner of UI reviews, as they generally implement the stuff
that the HIG doesn't talk about because it's expected to "just work".
So unless the new Clearlooks has fundamentally changed the way any
controls look or behave, it's probably just a case of filing regular bug
reports about anything irksome.

I agree it would be useful to cast an accessibility eye over it though,
to make sure that things like focus indicators still work right, and
that labels are contrasty enough to be legible for the vast majority of
users.  As Thomas said, though, let's take that to the gnome-themes
list.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group