Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 15:39 +0200, Martin Ejdestig wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 11:23 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Should GNOME include slab? IMHO, yes, while there are some relevant
> > stuff that should be fixed or rearranged IMHO (see below)
> >
> > Should GNOME switch to slab and dump current panel menu applet? IMHO,
> > no. I don't know what could be the better layout for GNOME panel, of if
> > it exists. I know that some users are fine with current layout, some
> > others could appreciate slab.
> >
> > The best solution is provide both, as well as Nautilus do with spatial
> > and browser. This is not good for the first GNOME directive (be simple)
> > and is not so K.I.S.S. but it should be effective for 10x10.
>
> Don't know if most users will even notice the alternative that isn't the
> default. If both are included I guess it's up to the distributions to
> set the default...

Giving us yet another way distributions can make all
our documentation wrong.  Having two different types
of menus is already bad enough.

Just about every single application manual starts with
a blurb about how to start it.

Distro customizations make it very difficult to even
talk about Gnome.  There's just no single thing we
can intelligently talk about.

--
Shaun