Re: New module proposal: gnome-user-share

Le vendredi 24 octobre 2008 à 17:58 +0200, Murray Cumming a écrit :
> SQLLite can't do what PostgreSQL can do, which is why PostgresSQL
> exists. For instance:
> - Multi-user and the relevant locking.
> - Access control.
> - Network access.

As these are not things necessary for a UI generator, I thought glom
could rely on SQLite instead. This is not a bad thing to require a
better DB engine, but it really has some shortcomings when it comes to
packaging.

> So far that hasn't happened. But I've been dealing with Ubuntu because
> they are (slightly) more responsive.

Whoa? There is no Debian package simply because no one had stepped up so
far. Christophe Sauthier is starting to work on it, and I will help him
to get the necessary changes in postgresql.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.