Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
>> Starting from 1.0, Transifex no longer forces commits to VCS. Yay. :-)
>
> We want forced commits! We don't want people to care about translations
> unless they are translators because we found out in the past that some
> won't care.
>
> If the maintainer has to commit translations manually - that's a pain!

Yeah, this is a common challenge with maintainers. =)

The command-line tool can be quite flexible though. Here are some
proposed workflows:

 1. Language leaders can run something like `tx pull --release
gnome/3-0 --language pt_BR` and mass-commit their language before the
translation deadline, for example.

 2. Developers can put into their 'make release' Makefule rule the `tx
pull` command, which exports all translation files from Tx.

 3. We can easily setup a script to do all these in a batch mode once
per day, or even dynamically using a web hook.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos