Re: Retiring app menus - planning for 3.32.0

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 1:25 PM Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
It's faster to access for users, has terser explanations (no need to
create sentences to describe actions) and

To be clear, I'm still thinking this through but, if you had a page in
the user docs which was a simple table of keyboard shortcuts, which
was one click away in the user docs, there wouldn't be all that much
to separate it from the keyboard shortcuts windows. And the advantage
would be more integrated user documentation (I think that's
essentially what the keyboard shortcut windows are). This would reduce
the number of menu items, allows cross-linking, and so on.

The integrated search that filters relevant shortcuts is probably not
something that could be achieved easily in docs. Try it in totem: open
the shortcut window (hit ctrl+shift+?) and start typing "forward".
That kind of workflow is selling it for me.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker