Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 2:09 PM Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:
Hi Tristan,

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 14:22, Tristan Van Berkom via desktop-devel-list
<desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
> Instead, by opening the door to censorship of words which are not
> themselves inherently vulgar or foul (i.e. 'master' is not considered
> 'swear word'), we are creating an atmosphere where people worry more
> and more whether they can express themselves freely.

This has already been covered in the original proposal under objection
(1) "It doesn't matter". As has already been discussed, what actually
doesn't matter is what you or I think, it is the people who have been
affected by the language we use that matter. These are the people who
won't contribute to GNOME because of these terms
, and it is the project
that loses out in the end.

Numbers please? For example how many contributors GNOME has lost last year? Do you speak about one or two people? Hundreds people? More?

--
Alberts Muktupāvels