Re: LGPL

Havoc Pennington <rhp@zirx.pair.com> el día Sun, 11 Apr 1999 18:48:03 -0400
(EDT), escribió:

>Use the LGPL, but add some text at the top of the license:
>
>This software is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License.
>However, as a special exception, you may statically link the software with
>an executable and distribute the executable under the terms of your
>choice.
>

>However, this is a *huge* loophole and basically renders the LGPL
>meaningless.

Agreed.

>You might want to use the MPL or an X-style license instead.
>In fact the MPL seems ideal for what you want to do. You can find a copy
>at www.mozilla.org.

yep, but the MPL is incompatible with the LGPL, if we must change
the license we want to choose at least a compatible license.

Our aim is to contribute to Gnome with a top notch RAD tool, and
we have _lots_ of code (>1MB of tar.gz) under the LGPL license.
I think we have a big problem here.

>The best place to ask about licenses is gnu.misc.discuss, rather than this
>list.

ok, sorry and thanks,
Sergio