Re: System administration tool

Dave Stagner <dave@spnz.org> writes:

> There are security issues involved as well.  If scripting languages
> are used for clients (as i sincerely hope), such as Python or Perl
> with GTK/GNOME extensions, then the exact commands being executed on
> the server will be apparent

Then put the command strings on the server, just like with an HTTP
one.

BTW, arent' you re-inventing Linuxconf here ?

Also, Sun was (and I suppose still is) providing HTTP-based system
administration, I think it was working quite well. I believe other
similar systems already exist.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent