Re: Preloading sound files

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 09:01:48PM +0000, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Since you're already using the gnome_triggers API, I'm not sure what the
> problem is... sound-properties does all the loading at session init time
> (unless you have a really really ancient gnome-libs). Maybe it's just getting
> pulled out of swap or something?

I'm not sure what's going on either, I haven't looked into it in any
real depth.  All I know is, the first time any of the sounds is
played, the game gets really choppy for a second or two.  Successive
playings of a sound are fine.

This is on a dual PII-300, 45 megs into 128, hasn't touched swap space
in over a month, so I really don't think that's it.  gnome-libs is
0.99.8pre1 I'm testing now.

--
Ian Peters		``Never attribute to malice what can be explained
ipeters@acm.org			by stupidity'' -- Hanlon's Razor