Comparative review between Gnome and KDE in UK PC-Mag

Hey folks.

I just read a review in a UK PC magazine (the best selling mag)
comparing Gnome 1.0 and KDE 1.1.

We didn't do terribly well.

I have made the review text availble for non-UK developers and users
on http://www.tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk

I strongly suggest reading it, as it gives a useful indication of how
external reviewers experience the product.

I have (with difficulty) refrained from adding my own comments, so the
text is verbatim. However, I have emailed the author, to inform him of
a couple of things he missed, a couple of things he got *wrong*, and
that the version he tested is woefully outdated.

I suggest you all do the same. :-)

Tom.

--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |