Re: Session problems (again)

hi all,

>The problem was that after an unclean shutdown the authorization record was
>not removed from the ~/.ICEauthority.

ahhhh.

>Next time you started gnome-session it _appended_ a new authorization record
>to the file - under the rare condition (but this happens if there are enough
>stale authorization records in that file) that we're using the same socket id
>than any of those stale records, application connecting to the session manager
>used the old record (since it came first in the file) instead of the new one
>and were denied access.
>
>I added a new static function startup_clean_ice () to gsm/ice.c which is
called
>on startup which tries to remove the entry first before it adds it to the
file.

>So this problem is now fixed in CVS.

Thank you so much.... I've experienced this problem and seen alot of people
on irc who have it...

gnome is getting ultra stable now.. This bug is worth releasing a new
tarball for. hint hint. :)

ta,
wayne.
Wayne Schuller - BSc. (Computer Science) Network Administrator
Centre for Health Program Evaluation - Austin Repat Hospital - Heidelberg.
Web: http://ariel.unimelb.edu.au/chpe/  My phone: (03) 94964448
w.schuller@gpph.unimelb.edu.au