Re: IDEA: Update Manager (Was something to do with VMWare)

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 u07ih@abdn.ac.uk wrote:

> - The <COMMENT> tag could also take 2 attributes include and exclude to allow
> personalised comments.
> 	<COMMENT exclude="iain,al">Iain and Al can't see this</COMMENT>
> 	<COMMENT include="iain">A comment for Iain</COMMENT>
> 	<COMMENT include="al">Al's comment</COMMENT>
And what if I'd like to include a comment for a specific user group? I
think your solution is very cumbersome. I think it could be more elegantly
solved if there was a generic container to contain the various PACKAGE,
COMMENT etc tags, something like
<PACKAGE>
	<NAME>Package1</NAME>
	<COMMENT>Comment1</COMMENT>
	<!-- ... -->
</PACKAGE>
<FILTER euser="al" egroup="hr" iuser="bob tom">
	<PACKAGE>
		<NAME>Package2</NAME>
		<FILTER euser="bob">
			<COMMENT>We'd like to describe here how fcking
great Package2 is, but Bob is very PC-sensitive</COMMENT>
		</FILTER>
	</PACKAGE>
</FILTER>

You get the idea.