Application window size.

You know one thing I find super annoying is having to resize an
application **every** bloody time I open it.  Is there no way of
doing this in Gnome or Gtk.  For example I open my home directory
in GMC and am presented with a small window.  I resize the window
the quite the application.  Next time I open it, @#$%^&* same small
window.  Only way to fix this is in the source code.

This is a problem for almost every Gnome application.  I'm looking
at writing another small utility and I'd really like to have it
save the size.  Is there a Gnome standard on this or is it up to us
coders to implement or not implement as we see fit?

--
George Farris - VE7FRG
George@gmsys.com