Re: Information Applet Thingy

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 03:47:16PM -0600, Dan Hrabarchuk wrote:
> I believe he is speaking more of the icons you find beside the clock in win
> 95. Not a full blown app, but a container of icons on the panel. An applet
> that just displays icons.

Yes, but why would we want that? A normal applet is much more powerful,
and if you don't want that power, you can just create a simple
applet that just displays an icon depending on the state the app is
in, like windows does. If that's something people like, you could
create an applet subclass that has a simplified interface which
is aimed at just easily displaying little icons.

cya,
Martijn
--
Martijn van Beers  <martijn@earthling.net>

'Don't worry if it sounds odd. Believe me, you are talking to
someone who has seen a lot of stuff that is odd. And I don't
mean biscuits.' --- Arthur Dent