Re: gnome-games on CVS

On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 12:49:28AM -0400, jgotts@old.tqstats.com wrote:
> In message <19990926141651.A20568@geodesic.res.cmu.edu>, Ian Peters writes:
>
> >Just a heads up - anyone who is checking out gnome-games from cvs will
> >not be able to update after today's changes.  You'll need to
> >re-checkout the module.  Some directory names were changed.  Sorry for
> >the inconvenience.
>
> Ian,
>
> I'm having real trouble building RPM's for gnome-games 1.0.41 and 1.0.42.  The
> SPEC file for 1.0.41 was changed considerably from 1.0.40 and I'm getting the
> following error:
>
> Executing: %install
> + umask 022
> + cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
> + cd gnome-games-1.0.42
> + rm -rf /var/tmp/gnome-games-1.0.42-root
> + make prefix=/var/tmp/gnome-games-1.0.42-root/usr sysconfdir=/var/tmp/gnome-games-1.0.42-root/etc install
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.9046 (%install)
>
> I'm trying to do my small part for GNOME deveopment which at this stage
> includes reporting and attempting to fix buggy SPEC files (since I can also get
> paid by my full time job to do this.)  I've found two classes of errors to be
> pretty common:

John,

thanks for taking a look at this.  I have neither the time or the
knowledge to work with .spec files, and it would be somewhat difficult
for me, as I don't use Red Hat.

gnome-games-1.0.40 was based on a different branch that 1.0.41 and
1.0.42.  I'm not sure what changed between them, so I'll attach the
gnome-games.spec.in files that generated .spec files for 1.0.40 and
1.0.42.  If you or anyone else can find out what is wrong with the
current one / how to make it better, I'd be more than happy to commit
changes.

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "They shout about love but when push
itp@gnu.org | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  comes to shove, they live for things

Name: gnome-games
Version: %ver
Release: %rel
Copyright: LGPL
Group: System Environment/Libraries
Source: ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome-games-%{PACKAGE_VERSION}.tar.gz
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/gnome-games-%{PACKAGE_VERSION}-root
Obsoletes: gnome

Docdir: %{prefix}/doc

%description
GNOME is the GNU Network Object Model Environment. That's a fancy
name, but really GNOME is a nice GUI desktop environment.
Its powerful, friendly and easy-to-configure interface makes
using your computer easy.

This package installs some GNOME games on your system,
such as gnothello, solitaire, tetris and others.

%package devel
Group: Development/Libraries
Requires: gnome-games

%description devel
This packages installs the libraries and files needed
to develop some GNOME games.

%changelog

* Sat Nov 21 1998 Michael Fulbright <drmike@redhat.com>

- updated for 0.30 tree

* Fri Nov 20 1998 Pablo Saratxaga <srtxg@chanae.alphanet.ch>

- use --localstatedir=/var/lib in config state (score files for games
  for exemple will go there).

* Mon Mar 16 1998 Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com>

- Integrate into gnome-games CVS source tree

%prep
%setup

%build
%ifarch alpha
  CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure --host=alpha-redhat-linux --prefix=%prefix --localstatedir=/var/lib
%else
  CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure --prefix=%prefix --localstatedir=/var/lib
%endif

make

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix} install

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)

%doc AUTHORS COPYING ChangeLog NEWS README
%attr(-, root, games) %{prefix}/bin/*
%{prefix}/etc/sound/events
%{prefix}/share/gnome/apps/Games/*
%{prefix}/share/gnibbles/*
%{prefix}/share/gnobots2/*
%{prefix}/share/gnome/help/*
%{prefix}/share/gnome-stones/*
%{prefix}/share/gturing/*
%{prefix}/share/locale/*/*/*
%{prefix}/share/metatris/*
%{prefix}/share/pixmaps/*
%{prefix}/share/sol-games/*
%{prefix}/share/sounds/*

%{prefix}/lib/lib*.so.*
%{prefix}/lib/gnome-stones/objects/lib*.so.*
#%ghost /var/lib/games/*

%files devel
%defattr(-, root, root)

%{prefix}/lib/lib*.so
%{prefix}/lib/*a
%{prefix}/lib/gnome-stones/objects/lib*.so
%{prefix}/lib/gnome-stones/objects/lib*a
%{prefix}/include/*

# Note that this is NOT a relocatable package
%define ver      	@VERSION@
%define RELEASE 	1
%define rel     	%{?CUSTOM_RELEASE} %{!?CUSTOM_RELEASE:%RELEASE}
%define prefix   	/usr

Docdir: 	%{prefix}/doc
Requires:	gnome-libs >= 1.0.0

%description
GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) is a user-friendly set of
applications and desktop tools to be used in conjunction with a window
manager for the X Window System.  GNOME is similar in purpose and scope
to CDE and KDE, but GNOME is based completely on free software.
The gnome-games package containes a collection of simple games for your
amusement.

You should install the gnome-games package if you would like to play the
included games. You will also need to install the gnome-libs package.
If you would like to develop addtional games that utilize the GNOME
games libraries then you should install the gnome-games-devel package.

%package devel
Group: 		Development/Libraries
Requires:	gnome-games

%description devel
GNOME (GNU Network Object Model Environment) is a user-friendly set of
applications and desktop tools to be used in conjunction with a window
manager for the X Window System.  GNOME is similar in purpose and scope
to CDE and KDE, but GNOME is based completely on free software.
The gnome-games-devel package contains the libraries and include files
needed for development of GNOME games.

You should install the gnome-games package if you would like to play the
included games. You will also need to install the gnome-libs package.
If you would like to develop addtional games that utilize the GNOME
games libraries then you should install the gnome-games-devel package.

%changelog
* Sun Aug 01 1999 Gregory McLean <gregm@comstar.net>

- Updated with better descriptions and more consistant layout.

* Sat Nov 21 1998 Michael Fulbright <drmike@redhat.com>

- updated for 0.30 tree

* Fri Nov 20 1998 Pablo Saratxaga <srtxg@chanae.alphanet.ch>

- use --localstatedir=/var/lib in config state (score files for games
  for exemple will go there).

* Mon Mar 16 1998 Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com>

- Integrate into gnome-games CVS source tree

%prep
%setup -q

%build
%ifarch alpha
  MYARCH_FLAGS="--host=alpha-redhat-linux"
%endif

CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure --quiet $MYARCH_FLAGS --prefix=%prefix \
	 --localstatedir=/var/lib --sysconfdir=/etc

if [ "$SMP" != "" ]; then
  make -j$SMP MAKE="make -j$SMP"
else
  make
fi

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix} sysconfdir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc install >install.log 2>&1

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%post
if ! grep %{prefix}/lib /etc/ld.so.conf > /dev/null ; then
  echo "%{prefix}/lib" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
fi

/sbin/ldconfig

%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)

%doc AUTHORS COPYING ChangeLog NEWS README
%attr(-, root, games) %{prefix}/bin/*
%config /etc/sound/events
%{prefix}/share/gnome/apps/Games/*
%{prefix}/share/gnibbles