Re: Problems compiling 1.0.40

For logging in as root, this problem may be due to the /etc/securetty
file.  It lists which terminals root may log in at (ie. so that it is a
bit harder for a cracker to telnet into your machine as root).  You may
need to add an entry for gdm in this file for root login to work
correctly.  Check the gdm docs to see if there is anything about this
there.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au