From: Sean Middleditch [mailto:sean.middleditch@iname.com]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 3:15 PM
To: Franck Martin
Cc: gnome-devel-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: Why GTK+ vs. GNOME?

Franck Martin wrote:

> 3)KDE runs on Windows, which is why people think about KDE. You then reach
> 95% of the market. wxWindows is following the same principle it allows to
> code for Gnome and Windows. So Why not have this possibility directly in
> Gnome... I'm curious to see how StarOffice will be ported to gtk/gnome and
> still run on windows, OS/2 and MacOS...

I had no idea KDE runs on Windows... Qt, yes, but I didn't think all of KDE
ran
on it.  That's actually kind of impressive.  The people have been busy.

Not to sound demeaning, but it sorta seems like KDE team works faster than
the
GNOME team.  Perhaps they have more members, or maybe it's just because most
of
the GNOME work is behind-the-scenes stuff right now?  Either way, I'm still
more imporessed with GNOME development.  For more innovative.  ~,^