Re: Accelerator Keys

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Jamie Squires wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am having an odd problem with a gnome application I am
> developing.  I am currently not assigning any accelerator keys
> explicitly to any menu options.  I am using some stock items for
> my GnomeUIInfo structure, including:
>
> GNOME_UIINFO_MENU_NEW_ITEM and
> GNOME_UIINFO_MENU_EXIT_ITEM.
>
> My problem is that I am getting an accelerator automatically
> for one menu item, the exit item, and it is CTRL-S.  If this
> was something like CTRL-Q, I wouldn't mind, but I can't
> seem to remove this accelerator.  I've tried manually assigning
> a different accelerator, which works for any of my other menu
> items, but not for exit.
>
> I can provide more detailed information, if necessary.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

One feature of gnome and gtk apps is to allow the user to easily add extra
accelerators to their apps.  You can do this by opening the menu and
leaving the mouse cursor over the desired menu item and pressing the
desired key combo.  Accelerators can be deleted with the del key.

For gnome apps (and a few non gnome apps such as gimp) accelerators are
remembered between sessions.  To clear the saved accelerators for your
app, delete the file in ~/.gnome/accels corresponding to your app.  See if
this fixes your problem.

> Jamie Squires

James.

--