Problem getting gnome-hello compiled

Hello,

I want to write a gnome application and tried to use
gnome-hello from cvs as a starting point. But I don't get
it compiled.

I copied the macros directory from gnome-common and
autogen.sh worked. But something seems to go wrong with
the intl directory gettextize created.

configure seems to have problems I get

checking for catalogs to be installed...  da de es fr gl nl no pl ru sv fi tr uk
sed: can't read ./intl/po2tbl.sed.in: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

and

creating intl/Makefile
sed: can't read ./intl/Makefile.in: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

I'm using:

automake-1.4-7mdk
autoconf-2.14.1-9mdk
gettext-0.10

I looked in the mailing list archive of the last four month and didn't
find anything.

Jan Dittberner