Re: xml-tree over ORBiT?

Petr Tomasek <tomasek@etf.cuni.cz> writes:

> On 22 May 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> >The easiest way with libxml would be to convert the tree to/from a
> >string and send the string via ORBit.

> Ugh.. wouldn't that be too slow and ugly? (Well I'm not
> against, i'm just asking....)

This is exactly what I did in my final year uni project. (a genealogy program)

Its not really that slow, unless you are passing around large amounts
such as 10 meg, but as already mentioned by someone else, most of the
slowness is in rebuilding the xml tree.

David

--
Make your site SCREEM - Site Creating & Editing EnvironMent

Mail: david@screem.org