Re: Panel "avoidance"

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Manuel Clos wrote:

> Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro wrote:
> >
> >   That's a window manager responsability/feature. Sawfish does that.
> >
> > > I just wanted to suggest to the panel developers that it be possible to
> > > set whether a specific panel should be "avoided" when maximizing a
> > > window.
>
> As he says, it wants a _specific_ panel to ve avoided. I use sawfish,
> and
> when I maximize a window i doew well for my bottom panel, but it should
> ignore my auto-hided right panel, this makes app waste 2 pixels!!! and
> it doesn't look nice.

  I'm sorry. I didn't understand you correctly. I thought that by
"avoiding" you meant windows should not cover the panel when being
maximized (I like that). I still think it's a window manager thing, and
sawfish has many options... you probably can write a lisp hook function to
do that.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
[http://linuxdeec.fe.up.pt/~ee96090]