Re: global (MacOS Style) menubar applet

Iain wrote:

> > Hello,
> >   I would like to work on the following item in the UI Improvement
> > Project:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-ui/software/gnome-core/#gnome-core1
> >
> > I justed wanted to check here first to make sure no one is working on it
> > already.
>
> I know people have attempted to work on it, but I don't know how far they got, or where any
> of their attempts are.

Browsing through the archives I have confirmed that. If anyone has code
toward this please let me know.

> <semi-rant time>

<snip>

Since this feature proposed is an option, and also I think UI's are
fairly subjective things, I'm not going to get into a discussion here on
specifics. I can only say that of the desktop user interfaces I've used
(Windows, GNOME, MacOs) MacOs has been by far the most pleasent
experience (although GNOME is getting better all the time ;).

Mark